Twitter Bird Gadget

A Brief Description [Creative Writing]

Friday, February 22, 2013




Sixth Semester? yeaaah, I am in sixth semester right now. WELCOME to the new world, more cruel and challenging. This is my first week in this wonderful semester, and a lot of Assignment is on my waiting list. They need to be finished. Oke, the main focus in this “land” is Creative Writing class. When I read this subject, I wonder what I have to do with this subject, I am not a kind of creative people and I just guess that will be so hard for me. Negative thinking, right? well, this is not good for me, so I just forget of my weakness and the fact that I am not creative, and then I take this subject. Let’s see what will happen to me after few months! Wish me could be more creative.
            When I come to the class, I feel that this class will be a challenging class for me. The lecturer explains what creative writing is, what we are going to do, and yeah I just feel oke I will try my best. Actually, I do realize that I am not good in vocabulary, and I still have no idea how to write a good writing – good quality. In the middle of the class, the lecturer asks the students to write description of five senses; sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. Well, I have a problem here. My vocabulary is not as good as the other, and I have to try hard to make a good description. I just sit down, and think hard of what I gonna write in my white paper. I find difficulties in arranging word and deciding the right diction for the description. Sometimes, I will ask my friend to lend me their hand phone, so I can open dictionary on their hand phone. I guess this annoys my friend. Then, I can make some sentences of description, but my description is only telling, not showing, and I guess it is not a good, not like what my lecturer expected. So here I am now, learning how to make a good writing with high quality maybe a sentence that can show the reader not only tell. (suddenly I remember one poem by Archibald McLeish)
            Another assignment to be done is making a blog. Emm, actually I like this, but I don’t like to post my writing in blog. I always write everything and just keep it secret, not to show it publicly. Then, now I have a “duty” to write in a blog. Oke, I will take this calmly. Maybe this is a right time for me to try writing to public. This is the time for the public, the world, and maybe imagination world to know me better. This is time for me to come back to the real world. Creative Writing is a bridge which will lead me to the real world, and this blog is the land of the new world.
I do appreciate the way we learn Creative Writing using Blog as the media. I think it is a good way since we don’t need a lot of paper and spend a lot of money just to print the hard-copy and it will end in rubbish. Uups,, I mean using blog is more effective. Besides it looks more attractive than a white paper and black ink. We can make good design like what we want, and we will enjoy more writing in a blog. However, it means that I have to have internet connection everyday and everywhere. Fiuuuh, I just cannot imagine how it will be if I am at home where no internet connection is available. Oke, it is just a little problem. At all, I think I will enjoy this class. Hopefully I will. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Story of a Halfling © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets